Thread: How to install other Windows 7 Edition

How to install other Windows 7 Edition

Hey Guys!
    I installed the Windows 7 on my computer. I thought i will install home Basic version of Windows 7. But it didn't give any option top select the edition. Well when the installation was finished and i checked it in the properties of my computer i saw that my was ultimate edition of windows 7. Is there any other way to install some other edition of windows 7? Did i screw something in the installation process? Help Guys! Thanks!

Re: How to install other Windows 7 Edition

Hey!
    Well in my opinion, You cannot install any other Edition of windows 7 as the image is configured to install Windows 7 Ultimate Edition... Well Microsoft wants everyone to test on the Ultimate edition as it has the combiantion all the features available in different editions of Windows 7 So if you use Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, You have used all the editions...! All the best...!

Re: How to install other Windows 7 Edition

Hey!
    If you want to choose a different edition, copy the installation files to a different location, delete the Ei.cfg file from the Sources folder, and then run setup from that location. Or you can open the ISO image with a software like UltraISO or MagicISO and delete the Ei.cfg file from Sources folder and save the image. Now Burn the Image and Install from the new DVD. You will be able to select other Editions of Windows 7 for installation. All the Best..!