Thread: D3dx9_27.dll missing !

D3dx9_27.dll missing !

Hello,

I am trying to play sims2 everytime I run the game, I receive the following error: d3dx9_27.dll can not be found .

What can be done about this? I'm having XP pro.

Please help me here.

Re: D3dx9_27.dll missing !

Refer to following thread for help regarding this error:

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/923832.htm

Hope this will help good luck
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Re: D3dx9_27.dll missing !

Important Note: Do not, under any circumstances, download the d3dx9_27.dll DLL file individually from any "DLL download site." There are a number of different reasons that downloading DLLs from these sites are never a good idea.

If you've already downloaded d3dx9_27.dll from one of those DLL download sites, delete it from wherever you put it and continue with the following steps.

1. Restart your computer unless you already have since this problem began.
    2. Install the latest version of Microsoft DirectX 9. Chances are, upgrading to the latest version of DirectX 9 will fix the d3dx9_27.dll not found error.
    3. Assuming the latest DirectX version from Microsoft doesn't fix the d3dx9_27.dll error you're receiving, look for a copy of DirectX on your game or application CD or DVD. Usually, if a game or other program uses DirectX, the software developers will include an installable copy of DirectX on the setup disc.
    4. In some cases, the DirectX version included on the disc will work better with the program than the latest version available online.
    5. Uninstall the game or software program and then reinstall it again. Something may have happened to the files in the program that work with the d3dx9_27.dll file and a reinstall could solve the problem.
    6. Restore the d3dx9_27.dll file from DirectX 9. If the steps above haven't worked to solve your d3dx9_27.dll issue, try extracting the d3dx9_27.dll individually from the DirectX 9 package.