Thread: Memory Diagnostic Tool crashes under Vista

Memory Diagnostic Tool crashes under Vista

Hello, I really need help.

I am having some problems with Vista but not a novice in this field if I need help because it surpurise me ...

That's what worries a result I have decided to launch the diagnostic tool of memory Windows (not the one that has already downloaded with Windows Vista) and therefore I'm planning the PC restarts following a 3 update including a significant . The tool runs in a window is a blue background with white writing entitled "Diagnostic Tool memory windows" Thus I: Execution of a test is 1 of 2: 0% were below state and General: 0% done

So I leave, it is also said on the window "Windows will automatically reboot the computer. The test results will be displayed again as soon as you open a session."

Anyway I was about the history test takes about 35 minutes. the problem is that the test is run for 14h now ... And I still could not access a Vista. It is a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium.

And further lapses in the PC full test, I need help.

2nd:

I'm on my PC fixed this time: When I start my computer everything is fine no problems I start my session, in short, when I closed down my session a message appears and says: "Error: missing NVCPL.dll Entry: NV Start up session

And its starts bothering me.

Hoping to get answers quickly thank you.

Re: Memory Diagnostic Tool crashes under Vista

Hello,

For your laptop, so ...

Reboot the PC and then at the very beginning of the memory test presses escaped.

Does it makes you get out of memory test and that Vista runs properly after?

Another thing to test if the 1st solution failed:

Try starting in Safe Mode to see if the memory test is proper?

Even pressing Esc before the execution of the test, even if He does not like when its done on a web page refreshes the image "jumps" and returns as early, and still support the computer beep.

And I do not have access to the selection menu, as soon as I start my computer, it is the start: A written Gray background writing Packard bell and bottom of the screen

"Access F2 for Setup" and "F12 boot for access"

And directly after this window appears the Test.

From the Recovery Console in Vista, you must start a command prompt and then use the commands:

Code:
    bootrec / fixboot 
    bootrec / RebuildBcd

The syntax of commands is described in Microsoft

The problem is that from what you describe you can not access the repair environment preinstalled on your PC.
    You must download and burn to CD console.

Note If rebuilding the BCD store does not resolve the startup problem, you can export and delete the store, then run this option again. In doing so, you are assured that the BCD store is fully rebuilt. To do this, type the following commands at the command prompt to repair the Windows environment:

* Bcdedit / export C: \ BCD_Backup
    * C:
    * Cd boot
    * Attrib bcd-s-h-r
    * Ren c: \ boot \ bcd bcd.old
    * Bootrec / RebuildBcd
    Basically, this is a backup of the BCD, followed by a reconstruction (RebuildBcd) without Fixboot.

This may be sufficient and in addition you backup your current BCD (which is highly recommended for this type of manipulation).

You restart the PC and see if you repaired.

Good luck and tell us know.