Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 and Realtek HD compatibility issue

Operating Systems

Old 25-04-2009

Windows 7 and Realtek HD compatibility issue

Hello, I have bought a new Dell Studio XPS Desktop 435T and installed Windows 7 64-Bit Operating system on it. My problem is everything else is working except my sound card. I have a Realtek Audio Driver A00 and have installed the latest driver from the Realtek's site. Now I am having problems with the center speaker and the bass of my speaker which sometimes gives sound and sometimes doesnt. I have also contacted realtek support but it is of no use. How do I get this thing to working can anyone help me out, thank you.

Old 25-04-2009

Re: Windows 7 and Realtek HD compatibility issue

Have you tried installing the software in Vista Compatibility mode? while i didnt have access to the Realtek settings when i did this, i didnt have and problems with quality of sound.
Old 25-04-2009

Your best strategy at this point is to check with Lenovo or Realtek for Windows 7 Compatible drivers/software for that device. If they are not available, ask about their plans to support that device in Windows 7.

If Windows Vista drivers are available, try installing those drivers in Compatibility Mode.

Right click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the options shown in the following image.

Click Apply/OK.

Right click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

Hope this helps.
Old 25-04-2009

If you still have issues, go to Device Manager, find Realtek High Definition Audio, check driver date if it's diff than 2009-01-06 click Update Driver, find your instaler folder i have something like : X:\Vista_R214\Vista and update driver, restart pc, and Realtek Audio Manager should work from this now.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,