Thread: Windows XP problem with mup.sys

Windows XP problem with mup.sys

Hey Guys!
    I have been using windows xp from my first computer till the current one. I had some problems with some virus issues but none of them like this one. My windows would go to the boot screen and reboot. When i tried to go to the safe mode it would show me the list of files that are being loaded, then it would come up to mup.sys and then stucks there. Nothing happens i cannot reboot with keyboard. All i have is to hard reboot it from the cpu switch...! Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance...!

Re: Windows XP problem with mup.sys

Hey!
    In network protocols, have you installed anything other than Microsoft client loaded like Novell Netware client service? That might give you a problem though i'm not 100% sure.. Well actually the problem is not with the mup.sys file as it is always the last file that you would see loading when you are booting in safe mode... I guess the problem is something else...!

Hey!
    I had the exact same problem. Here's how I was able to resolve it with MicroSoft's help. Insert your XP installation disk and boot to it. Then do a Repair Installation of Windows when it prompts it detected a windows installation which exist on the computer. There were some corrupt files in my case, that caused the system to keep rebooting. This resolved the problem. It worked perfectly. Hope this help you! All the best...!

Hey!
    I have the same problem computer keeps restarting in a loop. I cant get into xp to change the setting for auto reboot on BSOD.I can't even go into safe mode. Is there a way to change a sys file or a ini file through dos to turn this auto reboot off ?