Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 24-04-2009
zakir

Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

Hey Guys!
I have been using Cyberdefender with my windows xp and everything was well... I have a copy of Windows 7 with me and i'm eager to try it out before the RC launches... Well my question is : Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7 build 7000. Any information or comment would be helpful..! Thanks in well advance..!

Old 25-04-2009

Re: Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

Hey!
I suggest you that you use the Windows Defender which comes bundled with Windows 7 itself...! Well the point is keep updating it as and when possible... You will have no problems...! I have not tried cyberdefender yet and i'm happy with windows defender... All the best...!
Old 25-04-2009

Hey!
Just use something like Spybot SD and Malwarebytes. They're free and pretty good. There was a false positive with Spybot SD with 7, I think with the earlier builds, don't know if it's been resolved yet but it is just a false positive.. Well Windows defender is good too..! All the best...!
Old 25-04-2009

Hey!
Spyware Blaster is different to the other spyware detection utilities in the way it works. Think of it as a shield against known spyware threats that you do not have to keep continuously running. Essentially you just need to run it when you want to update the database (which I would recommend doing fairly often). It disables a list of spyware related to Active X controls and flags them in the registry so an associated spy process will not be able to run, and hooks into your browser to check downloads.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,