Thread: Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

zakir Guest

Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

Hey Guys!
    I have been using Cyberdefender with my windows xp and everything was well... I have a copy of Windows 7 with me and i'm eager to try it out before the RC launches... Well my question is : Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7 build 7000. Any information or comment would be helpful..! Thanks in well advance..!

Re: Is Cyberdefender compatible with Windows 7

Hey!
    I suggest you that you use the Windows Defender which comes bundled with Windows 7 itself...! Well the point is keep updating it as and when possible... You will have no problems...! I have not tried cyberdefender yet and i'm happy with windows defender... All the best...!

Hey!
    Just use something like Spybot SD and Malwarebytes. They're free and pretty good. There was a false positive with Spybot SD with 7, I think with the earlier builds, don't know if it's been resolved yet but it is just a false positive.. Well Windows defender is good too..! All the best...!

Hey!
    Spyware Blaster is different to the other spyware detection utilities in the way it works. Think of it as a shield against known spyware threats that you do not have to keep continuously running. Essentially you just need to run it when you want to update the database (which I would recommend doing fairly often). It disables a list of spyware related to Active X controls and flags them in the registry so an associated spy process will not be able to run, and hooks into your browser to check downloads.