Thread: Windows 7 Pc locks up while streaming video

Windows 7 Pc locks up while streaming video

Hello tech people! I recently purchases a computer off of New Egg (about a month ago) and it works pretty great except for one small problem. Not all the time but every so often when i am streaming video off of the internet my PC will lock up. The screen doesn't go blue it just freezes on whatever i was looking at, the mouse wont move and the speakers make a BRRRRRRR sound. This happens with Google Chrome, and IE so i dont think it is a browser issue. Heres a link to the exact model i bought.

Newegg.ca - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1030 Intel Core i5 750(2.66GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I tried looking through all kinds of forums and have even made posts but found no solutions. Im hoping someone has an idea what the problem could be. If anyone needs more info to find a solution (like from the cmd function for example) i would be happy to provide, im not the best with Pc's but i can follow instructions. Thanks for taking the time to read this, even if you have no solution i appreciate your time!

Re: Windows 7 Pc locks up while streaming video

There are certain aspects which you need to make sure to get it processed. All you need to do is to open up the start menu and then go to all programs option. Now go to Accessories and then to System tools. As this is been done you need to perform a Disk Cleanup. Remove all the unnecessary files that is stored then Update your graphic card and Antivirus to the latest. This may solve your issue then. It would be even much more better that you reinstall the drivers for graphic card. Remove it from control panel and then get the new pack to be installed that is the updated one.

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, i had to watch a bunch of video to test if it worked. Unfortunately it didn't. I tried the first half of your instructions with no luck. You said perhaps i should uninstall the drivers for the card completely and then do it but before i attempt this, is there and preparation i need to take before. I don't want to uninstall the video card and then have a black screen that i cant work with or something silly along those lines.

You said perhaps i should uninstall the drivers for the card completely and then do it but before i attempt this, is there and preparation i need to take before. I don't want to uninstall the video card and then have a black screen that i cant work with or something silly along those lines.
    There is nothing special to do before uninstalling the drivers. Only make sure the new drivers that you will be installing should be specific with your operating system. I am sure that installing the updated drivers will definitely solve your problem.

So i did a full uninstall and reinstall of the video card and it seemed to be working for the last two days but just now my computer did the same thing. It seems every time i edit the drivers i get a larger interval between crashes but the problem still persists. Any other ideas? Thanks so much for the help so far!