Thread: PSD Shell Extension Problem Resource file C_PsdRsDll not found

PSD Shell Extension Problem Resource file C_PsdRsDll not found

Hello , i have a windows system , After starting my computer whenever i Right Click on An Icon of any software i get the Popup error messagr

PSD Shell Extension
    Resource file C_PsdRsDll not found!

And After CLick on ok , The message disappear and Everything work fine , although it Is Not Causing any Problem , but it Is really annoying to work like this , PLease help me Fix this Issue of PSD Shell Extension Thanks in advance For Your Suggestion

Dr. V Guest

Re: PSD Shell Extension Problem Resource file C_PsdRsDll not found

Hello , The first thing you can try is to uninstall the Embedded Security for HP ProtectTools software on your PC. Note that normally this software does not CAUSE this problem, but it is triggered by the install or uninstall of some other program.

Also, it can be caused by cleanup tools, like registry cleaners, spyware cleaners, virus cleaners, etc. These programs sometimes delete registry keys that are thought to be harmful or useless, but actually are not!

If uninstalling the program works for you, then you can leave it that way or you can try to reinstall it again and see if the problem comes back or not. It shouldn’t!

Note that the program may also be called Infineon TPM Professional Package, so if you don’t see Embedded Security, then uninstall anything that has “TPM in it!

Hello , Here is the solution Run Regedit, browse to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved], and look in the right hand side window for "PSD Shell Extension", highlight and delete the entire key. Problem gone

I have tried both suggested solutions by Dr. V and Humberto with no resolve. Since this message began to occur I have not been able to install updatres or even uninstall the TPM to reinstall it.

Going to keep working on this till I figure it out. Anybody else have any input?

Try updating the programs mentioned, if the error persists, uninstall one by one to see who generates the error. Have you tried to create the registry key manually? For doing that, you will have to Navigate to the following registry key (Start, Run, regedit):
    HKLM/Software/Infineon/TPM Software
    After that right-click on that key and select New and then New String Value and then you will have to name of “C_PsdRsDll” and a value of “C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Embedded Security Software\PsdRs%s.dll”. Hope that will help you.