Thread: Vista or xp

angry Vista or xp

Which operating system should I install on an intel dual core 2.5 ghz with 2 GB ddr2 ram and 320 Gb hard disk
    Shall I go for dual boot with vista or windows xp
    My criteria is a stable OS

Re: Vista or xp

Hey!
    Well you might be aware of the softwrae compatibility and update bugs that windows vista has. Well it is suffering from a bug from birth and till the death...!! Well when you need a totally stable OS you must go for windows xp without any doubt...! All the best...!

Well, for a stable OS I would definitely go for Windows XP. But if you want to dual boot XP and Vista then it is also fine cause you might enjoy the UI feature of Vista better than XP but less bug free or incompatibilty issues is another thing that you should consider with Vista.

Vista or Windows XP: depends on many things.

1. Your use (games, graphics design, coding, or just business or home purpose)
    Recommended: Windows XP

2. Want simple and easy to handle without much headache of this and that
    Recommended: Windows XP

3. Want some better and stylish GUI with security at the top
    Recommended: Windows Vista, but you will have to handle security level at each and every point.

Won't there be problems with the newer softwares coming up with vista compatibility. Will they have compatibility with windows XP.
    Security is no concern for me.
    Only stability is.

Hello , You Can Try Windows 7 also , I Have tested it, and it Seem to Work Like a miracle made on a very light engine Seem to be Bugs Free ,i dont Have any problem in using it

Hey!
    Well there always is something coming and going... But Windows XP users hld the major market share. No one is unaware of the problems with Vista and there will always be software for Windows XP. But there are chances what software developers feel but users who have used windows XP and Vista both, will always stay with XP...! This is my experience...!

But windows 7 hasn't been released as yet. So the point is using windows xp right now and later upgrading to windows 7 as and when released

I don't think so there will be any upgrade available from windows xp to window 7, only the news for Windows Vista has been come from Microsoft. So expecting for windows xp to get upgrade fpr windows 7 is useless, You should go for Vista if you having nice hardware configuration.