Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MAC OS 10.5.4 - Sleep and WakeUp Problems

Operating Systems

Old 23-04-2009

MAC OS 10.5.4 - Sleep and WakeUp Problems

Hey Guys!
I have Mac OS X 10.5. When my computer is in the sleep mode, pressing any key should wake it up. But that does not apply to my computer always. After trying to fiddle around, I now know that it is a software problem. When i press a key, the computer picks it up but the computer doesn't wake. The mouse lights turns on, fan turns on but the keyboard doesn't respond then. That is, after pressing any key when the computer is at sleep and when i try to wake it, This does not happen every time the computer goes to sleep but it seems that my computer has a mood of its own...! Can anyone help me?

Old 23-04-2009

Re: MAC OS 10.5.4 - Sleep and WakeUp Problems

Hey!
Do you also have problem like the one below?
Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.5.4, your Mac may start up unexpectedly each day at midnight even if it is not scheduled to start up in Energy Saver preferences in System Preferences. The local time when the computer may start up will vary depending on which time zone you are located in and whether or not daylight savings time is being observed.

What has happened?
This could happen after upgrading from Mac OS X 10.4 to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard...
Old 23-04-2009

Hey!
Thanks for taking some time out...! Yeah it does happen sometimes well i guess my computer doesn't like me...! It keeps starting at unexpected time and if once it goes to sleep, i have to pray before waking it up. Sometimes it does wake but not always...! Anyone could help me resolve this issue? Thanks in advance...!
Old 23-04-2009

Hey!
The solution at apple's website states that you need to update your Mac. You can do this by clicking on the Apple logo in the top-left corner. Then from the drop-down menu, click on the "Software Update..." This will search for the required software patches needed for your Mac OS and install them accordingly...! For more info check this out : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1338 Hope this Helps You...! All the best!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,