Thread: Settings in Vista doesn't get saved

angry Settings in Vista doesn't get saved

Hello Friends,

I had installed Windows Vista on my laptop as well as on my desktop. The problem is that whenever i try to restart both the system it settings get changed and it revert backs to the previous one. This ca be seen under the program that runs under Windows (SetPoint, Synaptics, DTools) and settings like Autoplay. I don't know why i'm having the same problem on my laptop as well as on my desktop. Can any body help me out to get rid of the above problem? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Settings in Vista doesn't get saved

It might be that your BIOS is overriding the settings in Vista. Could be worth checking out.

Try this for a shot at deleting the worm. Download STINGER from the Mcafee website:- vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

It is a standalone program, and detects the so called favorites of the virus/trojan world. It may well be able to kill your worm.

If not, there are other methods, but much more indepth. So try STINGER first.

By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return it to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings that were changed after installation. When you restore Internet Explorer's default settings, some webpages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work correctly. Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings does not delete your favorites, feeds, and a few other personalized settings. See the table below for a complete list of all settings and information about whether they are reset or maintained.

Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered. Rather than resetting everything, you might want to reset specific settings or delete your webpage history.

The Windows Security Center will give the status of these three security essentials. If one of these components is missing, it will give you recommendations that you can follow to increase security. You can also manage the security settings for Internet options, automatic updates, and the Windows firewall through the Security Center. You can find the Security Center console on your Start Menu and within the Control Panel.