Thread: Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

hi,
    I am getting following error at random places in my application."Setup Error - Failed to load resources from resource file".i have no idea Where is this error coming from? I google'd a bit and came up with "this is an ambiguous error message". Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

Are you sure that there isn't a thrid party application or viewer involved? Other forums appeared to have cornered it as a code execution error that is for the most part occurring with third party software and/or one's own applications' code resulting in conflicts with .NET framework's handling of errors originating from within the third party code and being seen as a resource error and subsequently the process and the second party application are shut down.

Re: Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

hi,
    Is there any security software running on your computer? Firewalls, ant-spyware, anti-virus, anything? Is your windows firewall disabled?

Dr. V Guest

From the desktop, select Start > Run.
    In the Open field, enter WINPOINT.INI and click OK.
    Look for the [Directories] entry, then find its Folder0= parameter.
    Write down the path after the = sign, such as I:\PNTDATA or \\SERVER\PNTDATA
    Close the WINPOINT.INI file.
    From the desktop, select Start > Run and type the path that you wrote down in Step 4.
    Click OK.
    In the folder that opens, double-click the FOLDER.INI file and look for the [Company Information] entry.
    Delete the entire entry, including the brackets.
    Save the file and close it.

Open Point and try opening another file.

Source of error can be found in log files ( Manage Logs ).

Possibilities :Application Setupfile may be corrupt.