Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

Operating Systems

Old 23-04-2009

Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

hi,
I am getting following error at random places in my application."Setup Error - Failed to load resources from resource file".i have no idea Where is this error coming from? I google'd a bit and came up with "this is an ambiguous error message". Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Old 23-04-2009

Re: Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

Are you sure that there isn't a thrid party application or viewer involved? Other forums appeared to have cornered it as a code execution error that is for the most part occurring with third party software and/or one's own applications' code resulting in conflicts with .NET framework's handling of errors originating from within the third party code and being seen as a resource error and subsequently the process and the second party application are shut down.
Old 23-04-2009

Re: Setup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file Please check your setup

hi,
Is there any security software running on your computer? Firewalls, ant-spyware, anti-virus, anything? Is your windows firewall disabled?
Old 23-04-2009
Dr. V

From the desktop, select Start > Run.
In the Open field, enter WINPOINT.INI and click OK.
Look for the [Directories] entry, then find its Folder0= parameter.
Write down the path after the = sign, such as I:\PNTDATA or \\SERVER\PNTDATA
Close the WINPOINT.INI file.
From the desktop, select Start > Run and type the path that you wrote down in Step 4.
Click OK.
In the folder that opens, double-click the FOLDER.INI file and look for the [Company Information] entry.
Delete the entire entry, including the brackets.
Save the file and close it.

Open Point and try opening another file.
Old 23-04-2009

Source of error can be found in log files ( Manage Logs ).

Possibilities :Application Setupfile may be corrupt.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,