Thread: Cannot connect to internet after formatting

Cannot connect to internet after formatting

Seen by more and more problems. I formatted and put back windows vista home premium, because I could not go back to xp.

Other problem, it does not work internet. Have a router connected to this pc where xp also connected to the pc where vista indicate a bit? Where there is seen not functioning. PC was formatted hours ago.. how to solve?

Re: Cannot connect to internet after formatting

The problem must be in the ethernet card drivers. Try to uninstall and then install the drivers and then see if the connectivity is gained.

PS: Have you installed ethernet drivers first?

It is because your computer didn't recognize and install drive for your Ethernet card.
    If you right-click My Computer, then Properties, then Hardware tab, then click on Device Manager button, you should see a error icon in front of your NIC card. You have to find out your NIC card model and install driver for it.
    If your system is from manufactures, not custom build, then go the their website to download the NIC driver for your model.
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.

You need to install the driver before the system will see it, if you tell us what make\model your motherboard is we can direct you to them, but probably 80% or more of your devices will be installed when you install the chipset drivers, but that depends on what board\driver it uses, but if it uses the nForce drivers they install most everything, or else as I said above get and run Everest and it will tell you everything you have on your system.

Thanks all, it's a PC I bought online at dell.com. I'll have to check those driver settings asap when I get home from work. It came with a driver disk and I thought I installed everything, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

One more thing, take the router out and try direct connection to modem it may be that the router configuration has been erased.
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.