Thread: Word document view narrowed problem

Word document view narrowed problem

When I open Word, my document is tight at the top left of the window with 2cm mini scroll bars. Unable to enlarge the text impossible to move the window. I finally tried almost everything .. Should I reinstall Word?

Word 2004 on OS 10.5.6

thank you

Re: Word document view narrowed problem

We can probably never be repeated enough the compulsive resettlement does not often a solution to a problem with applications on Mac OS X. In fact, it is more of reflex windows. It is best to begin by isolating the cause and treat it.

- Your version of Office is up to date?
    - Have you deleted the "Normal" (which is normally in "~ / Documents / Microsoft User Data")? If not, start there.
    - Did you try test by creating a new user account Mac OS X (99.99% you keep normal operation, confirming that it is a problem of preferences or settings)?

With these answers, you see already a little better where can find the cause ...

have you tried the ZOOM icon? could you send a copy screen, because your explanation is not very explicit.

Dr. V Guest

Change the user account is not a goal, it's just a way to check where the problem (you can even say "to verify that it is in preferences and settings of the user account"). After that, we must return to the normal user account (and delete the one created for testing purposes).

If the "Normal" is not in the specified location, it is not normal, if I can say You must seek out and delete it (after leaving Word). An index, if not there, it is in principle because another site has been designated in the Word preferences, tab "Default". It can put you on the road ...

You can also go into preferences and delete the preference files for Word (that is safe, if not it will make some adjustments, which in your case should not be embarrassing).