Thread: Manage Action Center in Windows 7

Manage Action Center in Windows 7

I bought a new Windows 7 PC 2 days before. I liked this windows in its advanced features and all. But whenever i turn on i get a pop up Action Center.

Could any one of you tell me , what is Action Center and how to manage it ?

Re: Manage Action Center in Windows 7

what is Action Center
    In Windows 7 Microsoft is committed to offering an increased level of control over the Windows client to the end user. Action Center is a central location for dealing with messages about your system and the starting point for diagnosing and solving issues with your system. It do a great job of compressing all of Windows' update, alert, whatever notifications into one icon..

You can think of Action Center as a message queue displaying the items that need your attention that you can manage on your schedule. It serves as an aggregate for ten components in Windows Vista that contributed a large number of somewhat questionably effective notification balloons, but notifications that could not just be eliminated. At the heart of the Action Center effort is the idea that your time is extremely valuable it should never be wasted.

Now to manage the Action center in Windows 7, just follow this simple steps:-

1. Select Action Center from Control Panel or simply type "action center" (no quotes) into the search box in the Start Menu.

2. By default the Action Center notification icon will be displayed in the taskbar and display messages about security and maintenance settings.

3. While in Action Center you can view which settings are enabled or not and change them by clicking the different hyperlinks.

4. Click on Change Action Center settings to turn messages on or off.

5. If you are an experienced user and don't care to see the Action Center icon in the taskbar at all, here is how we disable it. Click on Start and go to Control Panel.

6. Now in Control Panel select All Control Panel Items and then click on System Icons.

7. The Turn system icons on or off window will open and here you change Action Center to Off. Notice you can also turn other system icons on or off as well.

8. Also if you click on Customize notification icons in the screen above you can select the behavior of other tray notifications individually.

Thats it.. If you are new to computers to Windows 7 you might not want to disable the Action Center entirely until you get a better feel for it. With these tips you can definitely control the amount of notifications that pop up.

One of the big themes of Windows 7 from a design perspective is making sure that you are “in control” of what is happening on your PC.
    • Action Center reduce the number of notification balloons sent to you and make the ones that are sent more meaningful

• Action Center provide a contextual way to address the issues with a single click

• Action Center reduce the user-interface clutter in the system to streamline solving system issues

Thanks for your quick and useful replies guys... Thats really a new thing for me to know about windows 7..

Thank you !!