Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Access windows partition on mac os x and mac on windows

Operating Systems

Old 17-04-2009

Access windows partition on mac os x and mac on windows

hi
i want to access the partition of Windows from Mac OS X as for me it is impossible to change partition data remains blocked on the Windows partition which I want to open.now i dont want to erase or format my drive ,also tell me that how can access mac partition from windows .
thank you

Old 17-04-2009

Re: Access windows partition on mac os x and mac on windows

i think if you use boot camp it will easy to you to operate and manage data
Old 17-04-2009

Latest Google releases a implementation called MacFUSE which makes it possible to use any FUSE (File-system in USErspace) file systems in Mac. And the most useful FUSE is the NTFS-3G Read/Write Driver, which ables system to load NTFS with read and write capability. This is truly the greatest news for dual booting Mac OS X and Windows XP or Vista.

Without going into great deal of technical details and compilation of the source code, I found out users around Internet already came up with binary version (in DMG) of MacFUSE and ntfs-3g, ready to install . Here are the instructions on how to use MacFUSE and NTFS-3G. It does require a little of administration skills as it involves running commands in the Terminal.
Old 17-04-2009

i thing you can try Time machine backups that wil work i am not sure or you can try MacDrive 7 for reading HFS volumes ,with this you can read and write your HFS+ volume! I even played back movie files, and it worked fine.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,