Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 2003 Custom Policy not found

Operating Systems

Old 16-04-2009

Windows 2003 Custom Policy not found

Strange problem,
I turned to W2K3 Enterprise and I changed a policy: Remove run from start menu, etc. gpupdate done .. then with another PC to log into the domain and yes it works, start is gone.
Unfortunately on the server itself with the Administrator account. Well I think I put it back .. but now I can rule that policy really no longer available. It was: Administrative templates -> Start menu and Taskbar and just not work anymore...
Someone who can help me it would be great.

Old 16-04-2009

Re: Windows 2003 Custom Policy not found

Make sure the NETBios helper and DFS client services are running on the XP machines. I think you can still boot Windows key + R. If you have done with a GPO, you must always have the same setting again, deny'n for admins.
Old 16-04-2009

start - run - type gpedit.msc click enter
group policy will open
Old 16-04-2009

The vpn connection is between the hardware routers and is running using pptp. I did not think this was an issue as it was the routers rather than the servers running the vpn and as such the vpn connection should not be passing through the untangle system.

However I have been doing some further testing using only one of the sites and as such one untangle system with no vpn involved to rule out the vpn issue

To do this I set a single rule under custom policy as

no rack - external interface for client - any interface for server - client address any - server address 192.168.2.50 - any port

Now under this policy any type of incoming traffic should bypass the default rack and be processed as no rack should it not. I then tried both a telnet to port 25 from the internet and also web page access of the server from the internet. These ports having been forwarded by the hardware routers to the server through the untangle box and in both cases they are still processed by the default rack according to the syslog. The web port 80 syslog message is shown below with the ip's masked out with x's

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,