Thread: Can I install Windows 7 Beta on Mac ?

Can I install Windows 7 Beta on Mac ?

I am using Mac at home and wanna know about the latest windows 7 beta. My quetion is - Can i download and install Windows 7 beta on my Mac system ? Has anyone tried the similar thing.....please give your suggestions.

thnx

Re: Can I install Windows 7 Beta on Mac ?

Installing Windows 7 on your Mac is very simple:
    All you need is your - Leopard installation DVD, the Windows 7 Beta, 10GB of free hard drive space, and a few hours.

It is fairly simple to install Windows 7 beta on a Mac, either using BootCamp to install it natively, or within a virtual environment.

I installed it via VM Fusion, the install was super fast and it runs pretty decent - still not going to replace OS X but it looks like MS may be headed in the right direction as long as they don't overload it with unneeded features that requires a min. of 8 gig to run notepad!

I wanted to install Windows 7 beta, which is possible as well as free for now, on my MacBook Pro. Earlier I wwas not have done this.

however,
    1) I could not run regressions using Excel macros, which are no longer supported.
    2) I cannot have full access to administering mailing lists using Entourage - I needed Outlook on a PC

I’ve installed a trial of VMWare Fusion, and the Windows 7 beta, so technically this has been free as well...

Microsoft makes it almost impossible for a Mac using Firefox to download the beta, as you can imagine - no ActiveX means the download tool can’t work. So I had to use the family PC to do it. And being 3GB it took several hours to download. Fortunately VMWare’s installation was a cinch - it was just installing Windows 7 beta that required a few retries. Installation was rocking. I think my partitioning did the trick.