Thread: Problem while resetting password in Windows Vista

ohmy Problem while resetting password in Windows Vista

Hey Guys,

I'm unable to login to my pc. Unfortunately i had forgotten the password which i had given to my pc for the safety purpose. I have the administrator rights with me. The problem is that while trying to reset my password option my pc is not allowing me to reset the new password for it. I don't know why it is not allowing me to reset the new password option. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Why i'm not able to reset the new password option for my pc? Does any body have any idea about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem while resetting password in Windows Vista

If you placed the resetadmin file in the setup this, and then opened the url to your config wizard, you should be presented with the steps needed to change your password.

If you were ever to forget your login password, Vista offers two tools that help you to deal with it.

1) Password Hint : Your hint appears below the password entry box, after you make an incorrect entry and then click OK. You can create a hint when you set a password with User Accounts.

2) Password Reset Disk : A password reset disk, allows you to change your password, without needing to know your old password. You can make a password reset disk only for your local user account. This disk contains a single file named Userkey.psw, which is an encrypted backup version of your password.

If you set a BIOS (power-on) password and then forget it, you cannot use the machine. There are then two solutions:

• Take the machine to your local Toshiba dealer, and ask them to reset it. They may well charge you for this service, and may also insist on seeing some proof that you own the machine before doing this.
    • Make yourself the "dongle" that resets the password. The "dongle" is a device connected to the parallel (printer) port that has certain combinations of pins wired together. The method used is to attach the dongle, then power the Libretto on. When you do this, the password is bypassed, allowing you to get into the BIOS and change or clear the password.