Thread: Sound problem "could not start the Windows Audio service"

Sound problem "could not start the Windows Audio service"

hi
    i have problem regarding audio on Taskbar volume icon is showing the “X” on it. When I hover the mouse over it, it shows “The audio service is running”. Then I tried to start the service from the Computer Management it shows the error message as “Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start”.i am on vista 64 bit . any one knows what is the problem ? thank you .

Re: Sound problem "could not start the Windows Audio service"

i have the same problem
    i have tried following 2 method but still not working
    1)
    windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on "Local system Account"
    but when i try to start i get follwoing error
    Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
    Error 1079: the account specified for the service is diffrent from the account specified for other service running in the same process.
    2)
    windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on this account "Local Services"
    but when i try to start i get follwoing error
    Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
    Error 1297: Aprevilege that the service require to function properly doesnot exist in the service account configuration. you may use the services microsoft management console (mmc) snap-in (services.msc) and the local security settings mmc snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.

for me The problem was an incomplete Creative installation that only finished partly.

"Try going into regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Audiosrv
    and in the DependOnService remove all entries except RpcSs and then restart your computer.
    If it doesn't fix your problem just add the other 2 dependencies back in or something. Might not be a bad idea to back up your registry before you make any changes."

Dr. V Guest

The Windows Audio service is dependent on other services, which is running. So, go to Start and type services.msc in the Search box. Then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to run as a Administrator. Once it opens, go to Windows Audio service and double-click on it. It will open Windows Audio Properties page. Click on Dependencies. It will show something like Multimedia Class Scheduler, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder. These are the Services. Ensure that all these services are running

i thing you need to modify the system registry settings to restore the “ServiceDll” filename value for the Windows Audio service.

Wuz up!
    I had this same probplem and i had searched for hours till i found this thread and i must say

@DR V your the man, MAN.

I knew that the process wuz pending on another but i just didnt know how to find out what the connected services were.

THX

5 days ago my audio quit out of nowhere. Vista Home Premium 64-bit Gateway LX-6810. Neither the Windows audio endpoint or the Windows Audio services will start. I get and error message of 193:0xc1 for both of them. I checked the registry values for the image path and they match the path to executable that is in the services properties for each. There is no icon in the task bar either. Any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.
    Hydro V-24

You must have disabled the Power service by mistake and hence the Windows Audio service is not working. Go to power service and set it to automatic and start it. If it does not work for first time then follow the procedure again. Restart the computer and see if the Windows Audio service is working or not.

Devasis,

I can not find a service called Power in Vista Home Preimium 64 bit OS. Any other thoughts?

For getting the services in your desktop,
    1-open the Start Menu.
    2-Type services and press Enter in the search area provided there.
    3- click on Continue for going ahead, or enter the administrator password if asked.
    4- Now list of services will be shown to you. Select the Power serve and enable it by right clicking it.

Elieis,
    Did what you suggested, and still do not have power as a service. It is not in the list. Thanks for the try.

Quote Originally Posted by Devasis View Post
    You must have disabled the Power service by mistake and hence the Windows Audio service is not working. Go to power service and set it to automatic and start it. If it does not work for first time then follow the procedure again. Restart the computer and see if the Windows Audio service is working or not.
    Devasis.... your the MAN...you just solved my problem...thanks a lot...
    Last edited by Washex; 24-06-2011 at 08:40 AM.