Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-04-2009

unsure Can't select multiple or several files at a time in Vista

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. I'm unable to select multiple or several files at a time. I neither can move or copy or delete files using the keyboard and mouse. For moving any particular files i have to do it individually. Can any one tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Can any one help me out to resolve the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Old 15-04-2009

Re: Can't select multiple or several files at a time in Vista

Try to edit the registry key. Open regedit and navigate to the following key : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\ And then save it and then try to select the multiple files on your system.
Old 15-04-2009

Go to Tools-->Options-->Advanced settings and tick the box maked 'Allow multiple file selection.' This setting was introduced in 4.41 because of conflicts with Adobe software. If it works, all is fine, else uncheck the box and select them singly.
Old 15-04-2009
Dr. V

Here is what I did to fix the problem. I had the problem across all folders
even shares. Here's the steps to fix it:

Create a new user on your box. Log in as that user. Open the registry and export the key:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Streams\Defaults]. I have 3 values here. Log back into your problem user/profile and import the reg key you exported above. Log out and log back in and your problem should be solved.
Old 15-04-2009

Here's what you'll have to do:

1) Open up regedit.exe
2) Open up task manager and kill the explorer.exe process
3) Switch to regedit, and then find this key:
4) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\
5) Delete the Bags and BagMRU key
6) Restart explorer.exe with the new task in task manager.

This should fix the problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,