Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Applying personal settings takes forever

Operating Systems

Old 14-04-2009

Applying personal settings takes forever

Hello I was wondering if someone could help decipher the userenv.log that I have posted. Windows XP SP3 takes around 1:40 seconds applying personal settings then running startup script thank you for any help and suggestions.

Old 15-04-2009

Re: Applying personal settings takes forever

Might be something corrupt in the user profile. Login as another admin user and rename your problem profile. Restart logon as the user in question, and logoff and back on again as it will take some time for the profile to create itself again in the first place.

Applying your personal settings takes too long!
Old 15-04-2009

Hey!
I guess u have installed Internet Explorer 7. Well i recommend you uninstall it and then download this update : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899409 All the best...!
Old 15-04-2009

Turning off XP's unnecessary services does wonders. It takes a little time but it's well worth it in terms of better system performance and online security.

Have you scanned for spyware? If not, download, install, immediately update and then run Spybot and/or AdAware. Read the help files to familiarize yourself with how they work. I recommend you use them both since each tends to find things the other misses. Let them clean up any spyware found.

Then, to be doubly sure, download and run CWShredder (link to the download is near the bottom of the page).

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,