Thread: Thumbnails not appearing on Desktop Window Manager of Win 7

Thumbnails not appearing on Desktop Window Manager of Win 7

Hello guys, i am using the New Windows 7 from last 3 months. I was having great experience using this operating system. But no longer i am experiencing it in a positive way. Actually the problem is with my User Interface, I can not see any thumbnails on my desktop. As i have installed the new Operating system just because it has a different kind of user interface then other windows. Can anybody solve my stupid problem ?

Re: Thumbnails not appearing on Desktop Window Manager of Win 7

There might be the problem with your DWM Service. Because it is the service which is responsible for misbehavior of the user interface in Microsoft Windows. The thumbnail involves Desktop Windows Manager Service running behind it. So now you can do is delete the DWM service manually. then again create it in same way in which you have deleted it.

Dr. V Guest

Yes, Here you said the wright thing about Windows 7 that it has a great User Interface. First of all let me inform you about thumbnails that whenever you find any problems with the thumbnails then there can be two reason. Either your Desktop Window Manager has some faults or problem may persist with the explorer.exe file. now in your case what can be the reason that i do not know. But it would be worthy to check the condition of both the above files.

I guess there might have some problem came to your windows as you said you were using it without any problem just before some months. All you can do to resolve this problem is directly reinstall the operating system. But before doing that make sure that you have created the strong backup of your important files. After that you just have to install the windows 7 exactly in the same way in which you have done it before some months. i would suggest you to prefer first installing it from the bootable cd.