Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Registry Recovery Error message on startup

Operating Systems

Old 11-04-2009

Registry Recovery Error message on startup

Hi,
I'm using Windows xp, i have multiple profiles on my PC but every time i log in to my PC (No matter on which profile) it gives me following error:

Quote:
One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful
When i use safe mode to log in, this error does not comes. I have edited my startup to remove unnecessary startup programs but no success.

Please help me with this problem. Thank you in advance.

Old 11-04-2009

Re: Registry Error on startup

Have you did any registry tweak recently? Run a chkdsk /f and a chkdsk /r commands in command prompt. And if doesn't solves your problem then sfc /scannow (you will need a Windows CD).
Old 11-04-2009

Re: Registry Recovery Error message on startup

Something, possibly over-heated or defective RAM, or improper shutdowns, is causing registry corruption.

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;822705
Old 11-04-2009

Do a system restore to prior date ,when your pc was booting properly. And if doesn't helps then you need to perform a Repair installation of Widows XP.

And also refer to this thread with same error issue: "file containing system's registry data had to be recovered" - PC
Old 26-05-2011

the chkdsk commands didnt work for me but the windows repair took care of the problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,