Thread: PC screen only works in Safe mode

PC screen only works in Safe mode

Hi, after buying a CRT , I just realize that having my screen does not work does not come from the screen but the PC, it only works in safe mode, in more when I try Safe Mode with network for at least the internet network card is not detected so I am in a cyber (or of an emergency ..) what to do?

Thank you in advance!

Re: PC screen only works in Safe mode

A couple of things could be wrong....

Maybe you need to activate the external monitor. When PC boot normally (not Safe Mode again) with a external monitor connected you have to hit the Fn (function) key (probably blue near Alt key) and some other number key (it probably has a blue monitor symbol on it) I'm not sure which one. This key sequence is a toggle sequence. In other words when you boot a PC it goes directly to the Monitor screen then the first time you do a Fn + number key combination it will turn on the external monitor and turn off the pc screen the next time you push Fn+number key it will turn on both monitors (external and laptop screen) the third time it will turn on only the Monitor screen and so forth.

Hope this helps

Your monitor is out of sync range so it shuts off so no damage will occur. When you boot up instead of using SafeMode (if WinXP) choose VGA mode and reset the display settings. If using Win9x then in SafeMode uninstall your video card driver from Device Manager and I think it should reset it. When upgrading a monitor this shouldn't happen as the new one should be better then the old one but maybe the new one isn't as good.

From safe mode open 'display properties', then 'settings'. It should show a screen area of 640 x 480 and 16 colors. Click 'apply' and 'OK'. It should give you a message that you're changing the settings for normal mode. Click to confirm that. Then shut down and restart in normal mode. It should boot OK to the desktop.

Check in device manager and see if it shows a problem with the video adapter. If so you may need to reinstall the video drivers.