Thread: Help needed in Windows Server 2003

idea Help needed in Windows Server 2003

Hey Everyone,

I would like to know that is it possible for me to add computers to the domain without having re-installing all programs on the computer. Recently i had set up a domain to one of my computers running Windows Server 2003 on my system. Is it possible for me to do so? Can any one provide me the correct information on the above issue? Would be grateful to you if anyone provides me the correct information on the above issue.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help needed in Windows Server 2003

You must install all programs on each computer on Your network, as your users time to another must have installed. And You must defrag all the computers on your network, when it’s necessary.

I used to think you needed a DHCP server on every Subnet, but now I recommend just two DHCP servers to share each scope, with a DHCP relay agent on each subnet. DHCP fits in well with DNS and domain controllers, so I would install DHCP on selected domain controllers.

Once you have installed DHCP, there is much configuration work. But before you do anything else, you must Authorize the DHCP servers in Active Directory. I believe this authorization is a device to make you stop and think 'do I need another DHCP server?' Officially the authorization is to prevent rogue techies installing an extra DHCP server when it takes their fancy.

1. More and more programs updates themselves through internet-connection. So either You have to do everything Yourself with ManagementSystems, or make Your users member of the LocalAdminGroup.

2. If You use ManagementSystems, remember to remove everybody else than LocalAdministrator and DomainAdminsGroup, otherwise You still have the problem, because making a DomainUser member in 2 hours in one of Your "empty" DomainGroups in LocalAdminGroup, because it's nescessary, makes it possible for tha DomainUser to add his own LocalUser member of the DomainAdminsGroup on every Windows Server 2003 on Your LAN. When You removes the DomainUser from the "empty" DomainGroup, he can still use \\ComputerName\C$ on every Windows Server 2003 on Your LAN.