Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Browsing Issues in Vista-DNS Error

Operating Systems

Old 09-04-2009

Browsing Issues in Vista-DNS Error

Since last two days i am facing some problem while browsing internet on my Computer. I am getting DNS errors while trying to browse, but another computer on the same network is working fine.

i guess its some like DNS error. Can anyone of you help me solve this problem?

Please, its urgent...

Old 09-04-2009

Re: Browsing Issues in Vista-DNS Error

Well, You guess is correct. Some Internet browsing problems can be caused by invalid DNS cache entries stored on your Windows Vista PC.Its time to flish and restart Windows Vista’s DNS cache. To solve this problem you need to clear the DNS cache. To do so, go through this:-

1. Open up command prompt in Windows Vista with administrator rights. You simply need to right-click on the Command Prompt icon and hit on Run as Administrator.

2. Now type in the following command:
Quote:
ipconfig /flushdns
This command typically clears up any problems that might have been occurring. Please remember that if you are using a different web browser like Firefox, you should possibly also close and then re-open since Firefox also has its own DNS cache too.
Old 09-04-2009

Now you need to Restart the Restart DNS Service.

Open up an administrator mode command prompt as above, and then type in the following commands:

Quote:
net stop dnscache
net start dnscache
Or you can restart the DNS Services from Services:

To do this you need to open up the Services dialog in the Control Panel or as an alternative type the word services inside the Start menu search box after you have clicked on the Pearl (Start menu). After opening the dialog or window, look for the service called “DNS Client” and hit on the button called Restart Service.
Old 09-04-2009

Hey nice tutorial.. Thanks for posting this...

I am also having the same problem. So i wanted to know is this steps work with Xp , as i am a Xp user..
Old 09-04-2009

Yes... You can use this steps for your Xp Os as well..

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,