Thread: Jack Plug mic does not work on mac?

Jack Plug mic does not work on mac?

hello people .. I have a jack plug microphone logitech bought ...
    In the box that it works with Windows XP, 2000 and Vista.

The USB version of this microphone was over 12 euros more expensive and there was a Mac logo on it also works with Mac. I assume anything with an analog jack plugged just working on what OS is ...

But I am already more than an hour trying to get it working in the program X-Lite (voip app), but he takes no sound wave in! if I built mic setup work immediately (in quality than dredging) I must therefore return to the store and exchange or should it just work with Mac? the program is not good.
    With Windows XP and it works just @ sound recorder Is there not an app in Leopard that I can try my mic, etc.?

thank you

Re: Jack Plug mic does not work on mac?

here is settings

All looked in System Preferences - Sound - Input? Perhaps he has not activated at.

I find it personally better than any microphone, including those here at home is . On windows XP all tried to use skype a normal volume on the other to create, and with my Macbook, I was immediately put on perfect

Edit: You can the settings panel for Sound Just set how sensitive the microphone before he is activated

MUTE/DISABLE OR TURN DOWN THE MAC STARTUP SOUND/BONG/CHIME:

For many different reasons, people like to have their computers start up in silence. Perhaps you are in a meeting or classroom, and you have to turn on your iBook or PowerBook. Or if your Mac is running a sound system and you accidentally have the system turned on when your Mac goes "BONG!". In these instances, it would be a good idea to have the Mac be quiet by turning off the startup sound (even if you love that wonderful sound!). There are many ways to go about muting or quieting this sound.

Hold Down the Mute Button: If you have a newer keyboard (like those included with the iMac, eMac, Power Mac G3, G4, and G5s), or a newer Mac laptop (i.e. iBook or PowerBook), you can simply hold down the 'Mute' button on the keyboard's top row of keys while you press the power button, until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. This will temporarily mute the startup sound.

Turn Down the Volume: If you have any Mac (including the Mac mini), and you know you won't want the startup sound the next time you boot your Mac, try turning the sound on your computer all the way down before you shut it down; the next time you boot up, you won't hear the "BONG!".

For More Control: If you'd like to make permanent changes to the way your computer sounds when it starts up, there are a few good programs to help. StartupSound.prefpane is my favorite - it allows you to change the volume of the startup sound (or mute it completely), independently of the system's volume. There are more programs out there, but none are quite as simple and well-working as StartupSound.