Thread: Is it possible to make an emergency startup/back "disc" on a flash drive?

Is it possible to make an emergency startup/back "disc" on a flash drive?

Hi! I'm new;so I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. My situation is this- I just had my harddrive crash & burn on me last Friday. My computer is one that my brother in law built for me; & he swears that he gave me the discs with the drivers on them for my motherboard & video card. If he did; I can't find them. So I spent the weekend searching the net for drivers etc to get my pc up & running again; which, I finally suceeded in doing last night. But; after all that headache; I'm paranoid it will happen again, so I want to make some kind of emergency startup/ back up copy of my drivers etc, just incase; and I have no idea of how to do that. My OS is Windows XP Professional; my motherboard is a Biostar with nVidia nForce3 250 chipset; & my video card is ATI Radeon 9550. (I think that's right. I put a program on that told me all of this; which is how I finally found my drivers) Anything else you need to know; just ask. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and can I put this on a flash drive? I have a CD burner in my computer; but I've never used it; and I don't have a program for it. Never did. LOL Thanks!

Re: Is it possible to make an emergency startup/back "disc" on a flash drive?

Download Sandra or Everest software which will tell you the exact make / model of your hardware and from that you can go to the manufacturer website and download all the required driver that you need.

Another thing is, a special USB memory stick - see review below
    http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb-...ash-drive.aspx