Thread: Deleting TrueCrypt Hidden Partition

Deleting TrueCrypt Hidden Partition

Hello everyone

I created a hidden partition with TrueCrypt and everything works well. Now I want to delete this partition and reclaim the space allocated to this hidden partition. When I right click on desktop and then manage then disk management I do not see this one. Why. So who can tell me how to Delete this Partiton?. Thank you for your help.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Deleting TrueCrypt Hidden Partition

Hello,
    If you create a partition volume - then you'll have to format / remove that partition to free the space.

Hello , Did you mean do you want to mount A hidden volume then it can be mounted the same way as a standard TrueCrypt volume: Click Select File or Select Device to select the outer/host volume (important: make sure the volume is not mounted). Then click Mount, and enter the password for the hidden volume. Whether the hidden or the outer volume will be mounted is determined by the entered password (i.e., when you enter the password for the outer volume, then the outer volume will be mounted; when you enter the password for the hidden volume, the hidden volume will be mounted).

Please note that TrueCrypt can in-place decrypt only system partitions and system drives (select System > Permanently Decrypt System Partition/Drive). If you need to remove encryption (e.g., if you no longer need encryption) from a non-system volume, please follow these steps:

1. Mount your TrueCrypt volume.
    2. Move all files from the TrueCrypt volume to any location outside the TrueCrypt volume (note that the files will be decrypted on-the-fly).
    3. Dismount the TrueCrypt volume.
    4. If the TrueCrypt volume is file-hosted, delete it (the container) just like you delete any other file.