Thread: Vista tells me "Windows does not recognized the program"

Vista tells me "Windows does not recognized the program"

Hey Guys!
    I have a serious problem ... all of the sudden my icons for all my programs have disappear and when i tried to access my program or any ".exe" files it says that windows does not recognized the program that created it and that it will go on the web to see which program create it or you could locate it manually from a list of program on your system... Help guys!

Re: Vista tells me "Windows does not recognized the program"

Hey there!
    First of all, get your Windows XP CD handy. Now Run the System File Checker Utility. It will scan and search for missing and corrupted files... When it asks for Windows XP CD, Insert it in the ROM and let it copy the required files... To Run the System File Checker Utility Type the following in "Run" or in command prompt :

Code:
    sfc /scannow

Hey!
    Even i have the same problem but to add it more all the program under the start menu are gone, music from my media player is gone and i the Windows looks like it's windows 95 although i have vista. any help would be appreciated..!

Hey!
    Seems like your Windows Vista is in love with Viruses...! Best suggestion : Backup all the data that is important on a CD/DVD and not on a usb drive or external driver. Now completely format the hard disk and install Vista again... Now first Install an anti-virus program. Connect to the internet. Update the antivirus, update your Windows. After these steps insert the CD/DVD that you took the backup on. Now the backup will surely have viruses. Don't autoplay the CD. Explorer it manually Copy the stuffs at some driver other then the one in which windows is installed. Scan your data, let the anti-virus to remove the infected files.. Now organize the data your way...!
    All the best...!