Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Uninstall mDNSResponder.exe

Operating Systems

Old 02-04-2009

Uninstall mDNSResponder.exe

Hello,

can someone tell me what is mDNSResponder.exe ,why its runing in my pc also can i remove mDNSResponder? And if yes so how? please reply with proper answer thank you .

Old 02-04-2009

Re: Uninstall mDNSResponder.exe

The process mdnsresponder.exe is a component of the Apple Service, which is identified with the Bonjour for Windows software application initially utilized by iTunes because of its music sharing functionality. The mdnsresponder.exe process is a native element of the Mac OS X operating system and is associated with the MDNSNSP.DLL, which was ported for the Microsoft Windows Operating System environment.

The Service supported by the file mdnsresponder.exe is also described as a zero configuration networking process that provides an automatic discovery feature for services, devices, and computers that are residing on IP based networks. Mdnsresponder.exe utilizes the industry standard IP protocol, which provides devices with an automatic discovery feature without requiring user intervention (when entering IP addresses) or the need for configuring DNS servers.
Old 02-04-2009

I think its the service that allows your computer to share the library with other computers, which would explain why there is references to iTunes
Old 02-04-2009

To disable it:
Code:
Quote:
sudo launchctl unload-w / System / Library / LaunchDaemons / com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

To reactivate:

Code:
Quote:
sudo launchctl load-w / System / Library / LaunchDaemons / com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,