Thread: Windows XP FLP

idea Windows XP FLP

Hello Friends,

I would like to know that what is Windows Xp FLP? Does any body have any idea about it? I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. I had got a copy of Windows XP FLP with me and i was wondering how can i used it. Can any body tell how does it work? Any information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Windows XP FLP

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs ("WinFLP") is a thin client operating system from Microsoft, based on Windows XP Embedded, but optimized for older, less powerful hardware. It includes only certain functionality for local workloads such as security, management, document viewing related tasks and the .NET Framework. It is designed to work as a client-server solution with RDP clients or other third party clients such as Citrix ICA.

FLP Works well, just remember to select local admin tools and directx to be deployed at install phase, I had issues manually deploying directx redistribute on it's own as I tried to avoid installing media player. it also appears that there is no option to add/remove windows components from within add/remove programs.

You will only need the MSI ( Microsoft Installer ) Editor named “orca” to make it possible. Google for “orca.msi”, you will find it, it is a very tiny tool that lets you look inside such msi files.

Right click the moviemakers msi file, select “edit with orca” and seek then for a line “Launch condition” - you will see that the moviemaker package checks on launch for NT Version of 600 ( Vista ) simply edit the value 600 into 501 (XP), save the msi file, launch it and it will install and work on FLP within minutes, it will create also the startmenu items.

Moviemaker 2.6 is in fact the very same Moviemaker that comes with XP’s SP2 you will see.

Note that for Moviemaker to work on FLP you must have installed Windows MediaPlayer of course when you installed the OS itself. MM shares lots of code from the WMPlayer.