Thread: Normalize volume level in avi files with mp3 audio streams

Normalize volume level in avi files with mp3 audio streams

Frequently i come upon avi files with sound whose volume diverges from the usual standard. Either it is too strong in which case our speakers choke UPT or it is too faint, forcing us to constantly adjust the volume in the software layer / speakers / Hi-Fi stereo, especially when playing episodes of our favorite series from a playlist. In some extreme cases, an error in the original compression process means that even if we raise the volume to 100% there is nothing reasonably audible treats.here can hany one help me to normalize volume level in avi files with mp3 audio streams.
    thank you

Re: Normalize volume level in avi files with mp3 audio streams

If you mean AC3, it would not be easy achieved if you are no experienced.

Either way, it needs to be demuxed, decompressed, edited and then re-compressed and muxed again.

I'm not too familiar with VirtualDub, but if it's called a "Normalization" function then 100% is the max before distortion. I like to use 91% for normalizing music.

If it's a percentage of the original audio that you have to select, then it's not "normalizing" and probably a trial-and-error

try MP3Gain
    This batch file will process a directory of .AVI files, leveling the audio volumes, and creating new AVIs. The source AVI files are not changed in any way, so if you aren't happy with the results - no harm done.

Note: v05 and later now works with AVI files which contain spaces in their name (props to pcspeak for the inspiration)

Updated the Process and Included 3 Scripts from Which You Can Choose -

Avi_Gain_Lossless.bat --- Runs Mp3gain on demuxed mp3 file, then muxes back into AVI. No recompression done on the original audio source. This one is good for mostly musical performances, as it maintains the dynamics of the original. To use this batch file, the audio track in your AVI must be MP3 to begin with.

Avi_Gain_Regular.bat --- Quite powerful and louder than the Lossless_Gain Method, but not for purists. Very good for low dialogue, speeches, home video, etc. Creates Mp3 audio via LAME encoder at 224Kbs

Avi_Gain_Soopa_Loud.bat --- For those who haven't had an ear wax removal session for some time. Sounds like the dynamic range compression of FM Radio.

Instructions:

1) Download and extract Avi_Gain_v07.rar into its own folder

2) Place your AVI files to be processed in the same folder as the avi_gain apps.

3) Double Click on your preferred batch processor