Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Disable the System Tray on Windows Vista

Operating Systems

Old 31-03-2009

Disable the System Tray on Windows Vista

Hello friends,

I need your help, i want to disable my system tray icon from my Computer and i am using Windows Vista as my Operating System. I try to find it over internet but didn't got any perfect solution.I hope my query would get solved over here.

Thanks in Advance.

Old 31-03-2009

Re: Disable the System Tray on Windows Vista

Sure i will help you out with this for completely disabling your system tray you need to follow the below steps:-
  1. Click on Start and type regedit.exe in the search box.

2. Now registry window would get open and navigate to the following location.
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. If the DWORD entry NoTrayItemsDisplay is already available in the left panel,change it's value to 1 .If donít have NoTrayItemDisplay, Then create NoTrayItem display entry and set the value as 1.

4. Now close your registry window and restart you PC for changes to get affected.
Old 31-03-2009

I also want to disable my system tray, but i am using windows XP as my Operating system and whats steps i need to follow if i want to make it enable.
Old 31-03-2009

I try to use the above mention steps in Windows XP and it's working fine and if you need to bring back your system tray you need to delete the key.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,