Thread: Videos won't play on windows 7

Videos won't play on windows 7

Hi...!
    I just installed Windows 7 on my Desktop. Everything was well.. but i am not able to play any videos files on windows media player nor on media center. I even tried Real Player, But then my system freezes...! I found Windows 7 quite simple to use with less UAC and much quicker then the old buggy Vista, so i want to stick to Windows 7...
    Help Guys!

Re: Videos won't play on windows 7

Hey!
    The first thing anyone will suggest is update your graphics driver to the latest...! Make sure Your video driver is installed properly if it could automatically recognized by windows 7. Windows 7 supports a large number of video adapters [graphics card] by default... By the way, which graphics card do you use?

Hey,
    My video drivers are up to date according to Windows 7. I use Nvidia 9600GT graphics card...! I have the original CD, but when i try to upgrad from the device manager, it tells me your driver is upto date and windows did not find an update for the same...! Any help would be grateful...! Thanks in advance...!

Hey!
    Windows won't let you update a driver if it has a default driver in its driver archive... All you got to do is insert your CD and let it auto play or run the setup manually... This will install the drivers that you have on your CD. But not all Vista drivers works with windows 7. For best help refer this thread: Download Nvidia drivers for Windows 7
    Also make sure that you have codecs installed so that you can play files. The best codec pack i recommend id KLC Pack.
    All the best..!