Thread: Problem With Windows XP Operating System

Problem With Windows XP Operating System

I am having some problem with my windows xp operating system. I try to boot the computer and it runs fine and when i try to restart the computer the display shows a blue screen and the the computer again restarts. This happens to be in a cycle.

Please provide some help regarding this issue

Re: Problem With Windows XP Operating System

you comp should run fine, except that now you have a whole lot of unnessesary stuff on that drive. i'd backup your needed files onto something and once your files are secure, do a clean wipe and reinstall windows. from a cd.

The error you've posted here regarding the command interpreter *usually* indicates a bad bootdisk - although a bad floppy drive or cable, or even bad RAM might produce that error as well.

When troubleshooting, you try and rule things out, so... "try another bootdisk" is the simplest test you can perform.

A bootdisk is a self contained version of DOS, so Windows problems will not affect it - either your bootdisk is bad, or you have a hardware issue (which may explain the bluescreen)

Make sure you have your motherboard cd
    unistall the video drivers thur add remove programs.
    Reboot, you will be in vga mode so the display will look funny but still recognizable.
    Run the motherboard cd and reinstall the video drivers

When you have no video the best way to diagnose this is to strip down the machine to the bar minimum. One stick of memory, remove all add in cards, unplug all optical and hard drives. You should be able to get video with just the processor+video card+1 stick of memory (in the correct slot). If you get nothing or just some beeping, you have to dig further. Try it again with no video card. You should get something called POST beeps when you try it with no video card. If you get those beeps, that indicates you have a working processor/ram/motherboard. if you get nothing, then you need to dig further. Is the internal speaker hooked up so you can hear the post beeps? Try a known good Power Supply. Remove all the hardware and try running it on anti static mat and box it shipped on. Follow the procedure layed in the motherboard manual for resetting your BIOS. All of these techniques have worked for me at one time or another.

smile Problem With Windows XP Operating System

Can any body please help me with the steps how to reboot / install windows xp operating system from cd, and office on desktop.

How to install or upgrade to Windows XP

Method 1: Perform a clean install of Windows XP
    Use this method for a clean installation of Windows XP. A clean installation removes all data from your hard disk by repartitioning and reformatting your hard disk and reinstalling the operating system and programs to an empty (clean) hard disk.

Method 2: Upgrade to Windows XP
    Use this method if you are upgrading to Windows XP from Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, or Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional.

Method 3: Install Windows XP to a new hard disk
    Use this method to install Windows XP to a new hard disk. This is typically done when a new hard disk is installed on your computer.

Method 4: Install Windows XP to a new folder (parallel installation)
    Use this method to install Windows XP to a new folder (parallel installation) to either run two operating systems, or to access, repair, or retrieve data from a damaged disk.

Method 5: Perform a multiple boot operation
    Use this method to install Windows XP as a separate operating system on your computer. This lets you install more than one operating system on your computer and select which operating system that you want to use every time that you start your computer.

See this link for more help : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316941
    Install Office 2007