Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer freezes but i can move mouse

Operating Systems

Old 31-03-2009

Computer freezes but i can move mouse

Hello,
I just upgraded my ram. When i reboot my system, after some time it freezes. But i can still move the mouse and click anything. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Old 31-03-2009

Re: Computer freezes but i can move mouse

Restart your computer. On the BIOS screen, press F8 and choose "Last good known configuration". Hopefully that will fix. If not, repeat the same thing and choose safe mode and uninstall recent additions.
Old 31-03-2009

Having an insufficient amount of free space does not allow your RAM to function properly. If you are using a lot of RAM by net surfing or other activities without enough empty space your will get freezes. You should increase your free space by removing unnecessary data and perhaps increasing your virtual memory.
Old 31-03-2009

You may have a problem with the CPU. If you run a full diagnostics of your compute,r it should be able to tell you. You usually hasve to shut the computer down and press the "F" button when you see your computer's logo. Also if you have a virus scanner or spyware scanner that could also be causing the problem.
Old 31-03-2009
matthewforu

To resolve this issue you can , Restore your computer to the previous restore point , But you can restore your computer , if you have any restore point on your computer .

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,