Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

System restarts after power cut

Operating Systems

Old 30-03-2009

System restarts after power cut

Following a power cut, my pc restarts in a loop. I have a Asus P5K Premium motherboard and Windows XP Home. I made a clear cmos by removing the battery but it does not change. I tried in safe mode, nothing happens. someone would have an idea?

Old 30-03-2009

Re: System restarts after power cut

Maybe booting the installation CD and choose repair? I had already read something about the XP boot loop where a file was broken or moved, I do not know.

Have you tried the F8 key (several times to enter to get there) for the proposal to launch the Last Known Good Configuration? It should take a registry saved, not the current one that it may have taken a blow.
Old 31-03-2009

Yes I tried the F8 key and I can leave on the last good configuration but it does not work.

Otherwise there is the possibility of effective repair with the installation cd.
Old 31-03-2009

Look at the memory, I already had to reboot and it came from a strip of memory at startup going, but after reboot the pc was at the time they reach the office
Old 31-03-2009

You can also try a fixboot or fixmbr which might help you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,