Thread: Install Wine on Mac

Install Wine on Mac

hi all
    i am using mac os and looking to install Wine on my mac i tried as my friend direct but not able to get the result right now any how I want to install Wine on my mac but I do not understand what I do infact ^ ^ '
    So, hoping to get help!
    Thank you in advance ...

Re: Install Wine on Mac

here is solution for your problem
    http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

Dr. V Guest

If you are under Leopard (I am not certain to tiger but not impossible as it turns), you open a terminal (Applications-> Utilities-> Terminal) and you command the following tapes:

sudo port install wine

you must then enter your password and ... you wait (it can take quite some time ... if you're on a laptop, does not in battery )

If you have any error message (it happens), it is not serious enough to specify which one and it corrigible

you do not want to try Darwin? try from here

http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/

to make a
    sudo port install wine

you need to install MacPorts, otherwise it has no port.

MacPorts

Darwin is a port of Wine MacOs ...

Hello.

Excuse me to intervene, but how is it to install Darwin? I downloaded the package but nothing runs.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,
    I have MacPorts installed with the Terminal by typing:
    echo export PATH = / opt / local / bin: / opt / local / sbin: \ $ PATH $ '\ exports MANPATH = / opt / local / man: \ $ MANPATH | sudo tee-a / etc / profile
    and get the appropriate response and then I type: sudo port install wine and it gives me this:

Waiting for lock on / opt / local / var / MacPorts / build / _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_devel_gettext / work / .macports.gettext.state
    Waiting for lock on / opt / local / var / MacPorts / build / _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_devel_gettext / work / .macports.gettext.state
    ---> Installing gettext@0.17_4
    Error: Target org.macports.install returned: could not read "/ opt/local/var/macports/software/gettext/0.17_4/opt/local/bin/envsubst": no such file or directory
    Error: The following dependencies failed to build: autoconf help2man gettext p5-locale-gettext perl5.8 m4 Fontconfig perl5 freetype jpeg zlib libxml2 libxslt openssl
    pkgconfig xorg-libXcursor fixesproto-xorg xorg-libXfixes xorg-libX11 xorg bigreqsproto-xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-xproto xorg-libXdmcp xorg-xcmiscproto
    xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg xorg-xtrans-renderproto XRender libXi-xorg xorg-libXext xorg-libXinerama xorg xorg-xineramaproto-libXrandr xorg xorg-randrproto-libXxf86vm
    xorg-xf86vidmodeproto-xorg xorg-libsm Libice
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

Hello,
    I have MacPorts installed with the Terminal by typing:
    echo export PATH = / opt / local / bin: / opt / local / sbin: \ $ PATH $ '\ exports MANPATH = / opt / local / man: \ $ MANPATH | sudo tee-a / etc / profile
    and get the appropriate response and then I type: sudo port install wine and it gives me this:

---> Installing gettext@0.17_4
    Error: Target org.macports.install returned: could not read "/ opt/local/var/macports/software/gettext/0.17_4/opt/local/bin/envsubst": no such file or directory
    Error: The following dependencies failed to build: autoconf help2man gettext p5-locale-gettext perl5.8 m4 Fontconfig perl5 freetype jpeg zlib libxml2 libxslt openssl
    pkgconfig xorg-libXcursor fixesproto-xorg xorg-libXfixes xorg-libX11 xorg bigreqsproto-xorg-inputproto xorg-kbproto xorg-libXau xorg-xproto xorg-libXdmcp xorg-xcmiscproto
    xorg-xextproto xorg-xf86bigfontproto xorg xorg-xtrans-renderproto XRender libXi-xorg xorg-libXext xorg-libXinerama xorg xorg-xineramaproto-libXrandr xorg xorg-randrproto-libXxf86vm
    xorg-xf86vidmodeproto-xorg xorg-libsm Libice
    Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

good to install MacPorts to go there http://www.macports.org/install.php
    and install as normal, and after you can create your Path to launch applications, but first download the packet.

you copy the folder Darwin somewhere in your Applications folder and you open Windows applications by putting them on WineHelper.

Did you install X11?