Thread: Which Office program (instead of Word / Excel) for Mac os x ?

Which Office program (instead of Word / Excel) for Mac os x ?

Hi folks,

I recently MacBook users (so far have only used PCs, ie Windows). Now I would go even with XP on different partition installed, but that is not in the spirit of the inventor. I would like as much as possible to work in MacOS. Download an freeware or software to purchase my existing Excel and Word files open, and perhaps even the same or similar to use?

Re: Which Office program (instead of Word / Excel) for Mac os x ?

Hi,

Open Office compatible with MS Office, very similar to MS Office 2003, its a free software.

Hi,

Download Microsoft Office 2008 from here : http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...8/default.mspx

If free, I would recommend NeoOffice. Is simply closer to the Mac as OpenOffice.org, even if it's the same code base.

If some money ahoy, then look at the trial of version of iWork . If you do not use many macros or Excel power users are / were, should the rich.

If you do not get away from Office 2007 or can do, however, because VBA does not, then accept Office 2008: Mac. Unfortunately.

Personally, I use everything possible. Word: Scrivener -> Mellel -> Nisus Writer -> Pages -> NeoOffice. Spreadsheet: NeoOffice -> Numbers -> Tables. Presentation: Keynote -> NeoOffice. A general database, I need not, and for mail, plus enough for me Mail.app mail tags.

I prefer to use a really good program for specific purpose, as an allrounder. But your mileage may vary.

If you use the same is really important, then OpenOffice / NeoOffice to choose the choice of free programs and Office: mac at the end of the chargeable programs.

OS X can basically only play off its strengths, if you are not trying to "make it, as under Windows."

Honestly? If you use your Mac in private, or in the some area use, then iWork is the best choice, it's finally the things "the Apple Way."

If you're really at as MS-Office file formats are instructed, then accept Office: mac - that's not bad, just a little problem with Visual Basic macros.

NeoOffice (and OpenOffice) are in my opinion is great, because nothing, but in general, and under OS X in particular, the plague! The reason why OS X would like, because the operating system program and work together so well. It is slow and bloated with "os x experience" about as much to do. It supports nothing of what the private users would have used Office 2003 and Office 2007, we did not talk. It is slow (can not be stressed enough), and coarse and ugly in my opinion, the worst and the worst multi-platform program, each for the Mac has been ported.

Writing is lengths better than the Word Processor of OOo on OS X, and this was hot.

You can educate people rather well, their documents as PDFs to send most of it is the stuff that you get, eh no longer edit it. For all private work is iWork, what you want to use (because who wants that, as with Windows, the Windows is always wise). Sure, when you have to iWork first transition, but is this a problem?

It depends therefore largely depends on what you need !!!