Thread: Registry key to privacy settings

Registry key to privacy settings

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for the registry key to change the privacy settings of IE.
    Under Tools - Internet Options .... in the Privacy tab there is to 5 levels, "Accept all cookies; low; average .... to Block All Cookies."
    And so I sought the key that allows me to change this parameter.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Identify changes to the registry

Open regedit (Start, Run ... and type regedit).
    On the left side of the Registry Editor, select My Computer to select the entire tree in the registry (a note that you can select a tree in the tree if you want to comparison only on that portion of the registry).

Then go to the File menu (or the Registry menu in Windows 2000) and then Export ... and save the file with a name of your choice. In our example, we choose registre1.reg.

Then install your software or make a change that can modify the registry.
    Go back into the Registry Editor and then make a new backup under another name. In our example, we choose registre2.reg.

We will now compare the differences between two files. For this, we use the fc of the Windows command prompt. This command allows you to compare two files and displays their differences.

Go to Start, Run ... and enter cmd and click OK.

Then type the following command:

fc / l / n registre1.reg registre2.reg

Note: Do not forget to specify the path to your backup of the registry in order! You can also navigate to the directory where are your backups before running the command (no need in this case to specify the path.)

The FC command shows the differences between two files. The / l fc allows to compare the files as ASCII text. The / n when it allows to display line numbers for comparison ASCII.

Note that if the files are too different, you can get the following warning: "Failed to resynchronization. Files are too different." This is because fc uses an internal buffer (large enough to contain 100 lines) as storage space. If the files are larger than this area, fc compares what it can load into the buffer zone. If no match is found in portions of files loaded, fc stops and displays this message.

After passing the order, the differences between the two backups of the registry to start scrolling. If the software installed to edit the registry in many ways, the differences shown are long. For easier reading, we can add the | more at the end of the command, it will display the results of the page (by pressing "Space") or line by line (in pressing "Enter"). The order placed is:

fc / l / n registre1.reg registre2.reg | more

Despite the modification of this order, the result is hardly readable and interpretable, and it is sometimes difficult to see changes made to the registry, so we will see all the software Regshot.

Re: Registry key to privacy settings

I monitor registry and measurement it does not work !!!!!!

Re: Registry key to privacy settings

As you admin rights on your computer?