Thread: What is Ping.exe in task manager

What is Ping.exe in task manager

My computer was running well last week but from last two days the CPU uses of the computer raised to 90 % and more. There is no such application running in the system that can consume such a high uses. I am not able to guess the reason for this issue. When I opened the task manager then I found that it was running the Ping.exe. Can this be the reason for this. Please help me and let me understand that what is the Ping.exe and why that is running all the times in my computer. Thank you in advance.

Re: What is Ping.exe in task manager

I would like to tell you that the ping.exe is nothing but the process that is from the Microsoft Windows operating system and that is giving the basic test functions which is used by the LAN otherwise the internet. This is the non-essential process.

Most non-system processes that run can be stopped normally as they are not involved in the implementation of its operating system. But the ping.exe is used by "Microsoft Ping Utility". This is the application which is made by the "Microsoft and if you really wish to remove that from your system then you will have to uninstall the "Microsoft Ping Utility" from your computer. But if you perform the uninstallation then it will leave the registry keys and this will thicken the registration.

It is considered that this process overload the CPU. However, too many processes running on your system can decrease the performance of your PC. In order to reduce the load on your computer can do the following:
    • You can utilize the "msconfig" and disable the boot processes.
    • Other than this, you can also use SpeedUpMyPC and disable the unwanted processes.

Yes, this is right that the ping.exe is a Windows tool to check network connectivity, but never shown as a process as it is showing in your case. Surely you've been infected with a virus, namely Win32.Killav Trojan so I recommend using an antivirus immediately. Make sure that the antivirus that you are using is updated and if not then update that first and after that scan your computer with that. When you are completed with the scan and deleted the infected files then restart the system and again open task manager to see if you are getting that process or not.

that is the normal Windows process. It is used for some server connection or something but I dont know much about this but this is normal and will not cause any problem to the system.