Thread: Turn off "Require password on wakeup"

unsure Turn off "Require password on wakeup"

Hey Guys,

I have installed Window Vista on my system. I'm the only user on this computer, but when my computer goes to sleep mode and when it wake up it always ask me for my password. I had set to auto logon on startup and have not check mark the password prompt while returning from sleep. Can any body tell me that how do i turn off this password option? Does any body have idea on this issue? Can any body help me out to resolve this problem? Would be grateful to you if any body helps me out.

Thank you.

Re: Turn off "Require password on wakeup"

That can easily be fixed by a simple security measure - enabling the password request on wakeup.

It’s quite easy to enable (disable) the password request. If you haven’t really explored Vista, it’s a feature that comes with Vista’s power settings. First, you have to access Power Options. A quick way to do this is to hit the Windows button to bring up the Start menu and at the Start search bar, type in “power options” then hit Enter.

At the left pane, you can see as the first option, click on the “Require a password on wakeup” option.

This will open the Power Buttons and Password Requirement window. The password settings are located at the bottom half of the window but chances are you might see them disabled.

Found the solution, went to "Power Options", "Require password on wakeup"/"Choose what the power buttons do"/"Choose what closing the lid does"/"System settings"(they all go to the same screen) The "Password protection on wakeup" options are disabled, click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable" at the top of the screen then click on "Don't require a password", then save changes.

Right click your desktop, then click personalize. Select "Screen Saver", then uncheck the box that says "On resume, display logon screen". To disable it with hibernation, go to control panel, then power options. Click the "require password on wakeup" option, then select what you want.