Thread: NTLDR missing on startup

NTLDR missing on startup

Hello,

I do the update to Nero 7 on my pc, and from my machine to boot properly 'NTLDR' missing at startup.

I tried to copy from the Recovery Console. Here is what I did after I set my DVD player and copied from the installation CD:

1 - copy ntldr c:
    2 - copy ntdetect.com c:

Copied successfully , but still I'm getting message on every boot.

What to do?

Re: NTLDR missing on startup

A message warns you that one of its files is missing:

• NTLDR is missing. Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart
    • NTDETECT V1.0 Checking Hardware ...
    • Ntdetect Failed
    • Invalid Boot.ini
    • Invalid Boot.ini

And of course, these files are essential to the proper boot your system.

If we look at what NTLDR means: (NT Loader) bootloader = Windows 2003, XP, 2000 and NT 4.0 and 3.x on x86 and x64 processors.

It goes without saying that if you are missing a boot, you nothing begins, so here are some methods to overcome this disaster typical of other windows and Gates ...

1. Recovery Console : Start with the repair console (Type F10 at startup, or boot on the installation disk of Windows). At the command prompt type "fixboot C:" and press enter. Restart the system.

2. Repair XP : Attempt a repair of Windows by booting the installation CD and then pressing "R" to seek redress from the system.

3. Recovery from the Windows CD : Start from the Windows CD and choose the option "r".

At the command prompt type the following:

Code:
    X: (where X: is the letter of your CD-rom) 
    cd i386 
    copy ntldr c: 
    copy ntdetect.com
    4. Recovery from a backup prior
    Windows 9x/NT/2k/XP systems: If a backup NTLDR was made, simply copy the files by following the procedure outlined below, in the case, the relocation of the system is necessary.

5. Prevention method
    Create a floppy boot. Copy the files NTLDR, boot.ini and NTDETECT, lock the disk.
    When a file is missing, start the computer to the floppy, and then at the command prompt type:
    copy ntldr c:

Try a CHKDSK from the Recovery Console of Windows CD. Look at the options for CHKDSK, I do not remember .

Syntax
    chkdsk [volume:] [[Path] FileName] [/ f] [/ v] [/ r] [/ x] [/ i] [/ c] [/ l [: size]]

Settings
    volume:
    Specifies the drive letter (followed by colon), mount point or volume name.

[Path] FileName
    Specifies the location and name of the files that chkdsk should check fragmentation. To designate multiple files, you can use wildcards (? And *).

/f
    Corrects errors on the disc. The disk must be locked. If chkdsk can not lock the drive, a message appears asking if you want to check the drive the next time you start the computer.
    /v
    Displays the name of all files in all directories as the disc is verified.
    /r
    Detects bad sectors and recovers readable information. The disk must be locked.
    /x
    Use with NTFS only. Force the dismantling of the volume in the first place, if necessary. All descriptors open drive are invalidated. Furthermore, / x integrates the functionality of / f.

/i
    Use with NTFS only. Performs a less rigorous check of index entries, reducing the execution time of chkdsk.

/c
    Use with NTFS only. Does not review cycles within the folder structure, reducing the execution time of chkdsk.

/l [: size]
    Use with NTFS only. Limits the size of the log file as you type. If you omit the size parameter, / l displays the current size.

/?
    Displays of support for command prompt.
    Hope this helps