Thread: Audacity problem in Vista

Audacity problem in Vista

hi,
    i have Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.1GHz
    1GB (512MB x 2) 667MHz DDR2 RAM
    supports up to 4GB
    120GB (5400RPM) SATA HDD
    Slot-loading SuperDrive
    Gigabit Ethernet, AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (802.11n) and Bluetooth 2.0+ module 13.3" (1280 x 800) TFT Display,installed windows vista.I use Audacity to record streaming audio files. when i try to use Audacity now, I get the flatline when recording. I have chosen all the options for the record device, but I still get flatline.I tried monitoring both playback and input and it wasn't picking anything up. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Audacity problem in Vista

When you connect a USB device to a Windows computer, Windows will automatically select it for both recording and playback. However, you do not want that. You want the USB turntable for recording, but you want your RealTek sound card for playback.

Go into "Edit menu > Preferences > Audio I/O" and select the USB device for recording, and your RealTek sound card for playback.

When using different devices for recording and playback, in order to be able to hear what is being recorded through your computer, you will also need to select "software playthrough". Note that when using software playthrough there will be a short delay (about half a second) between sound going into your computer and coming out through the computer speakers/headphones.

hi,
    Did you install 1.2.6 or the Beta version 1.3.3? Did you record anything and export it as a .wav file? Thank you.

Like most audio editing programs, Audacity lets you manipulate digital audio waveforms. If you have sound files already on your computer that you would like to include in your session, you can import those files into your Audacity project. It is capable of importing sound files in many formats including WAV, AIFF, MP3, AND Ogg Vorbis. To record a new file, you configure your preferences for Audacity, hit the "Record" button, and begin speaking into your microphone. A new track will automatically be created where you can begin editing your audio program.