Thread: Storing data on disk Linux from Windows

Storing data on disk Linux from Windows

I have to recover a hard drive on which I installed ubuntu linux. I plugged into my personal computer that was already installed windows Vista. Restarting the computer I was wondering that myself facing a multiboot and asks me what system to choose, or not at all, he immediately launched a two-disc set that I can through the bios.

My first questions would be: How have the multiboot?

Then I started thinking Windows find the second drive on the workstation, there was not and I can not use it for data transfer, except of course by plugging in Slavic which prevents me to boot .

my second question is: can I use a disc and boot storage at the same time? And if so, what are the settings to do?

I thank you in advance for your answers

Re: Storing data on disk Linux from Windows

How can I do this? the first disc is that of Windows that I managed to configure through the bios. the Grub is for linux seems to me there (tell me if I am wrong), how can I install it under vista

The multi-boot is not magic, it is managed by Grub

That is the solution:http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/man...ode/index.html

ok, so I just tried to install grub on both disks, but new problem, I can not access Linux. Ubuntu launches, I see the loading bar and suddenly my screen turns off by displaying the message Monitor going to sleep. I think this is because ubuntu does not recognize the driver for my screen but how to install it without access to the office or the console?

It could perhaps be done with a Live-CD and chroot on your Linux partition, but needed to know exactly the cause of the problem: To do this, when you invite him GRUB tapes "e" to edit and change the line that begins with "kernel". At the end you remove "quiet" and "splash". Can you boot and you said the message posted just before the screen goes off.

So I found quiet and spalsh, I erased, then everything went very quickly, the computer made a brief stopover on Runnin / scripts / int-boot and then I started a list of orders ending any by [OK] after the monitor going to sleep was relaunched at the difference that now the message "flashes" but does not revilement standby screen button which never passes to orange

Dr. V Guest

Problem resolution or frequency poorly supported, you have Ubuntu installed on another computer than the one where you try to run it?

You have arrived at a console when you wait until the end of the load (normally shortly after the breaking of the screen)? (Ctrl-Alt-F1 to access it).