Thread: my document can not open on PC

my document can not open on PC

Dear Sir:
    Please help me! After removed Symantec Endpoint Protection, my ducoments on PC can not open any more. I am so scared right now because all of homework in my ducoment . I went to C: and still can't find my ducoment folder. I don't know how I would do it. Please help, thank you very much

Re: my document can not open on PC

It would help to know any error message you are receiving. Two things pop into mind:

A corrupt User Account

How to take Ownership of Files and Folders in XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...308421&sd=tech

thank you for your help expertz

the error message: The network folder, //my name/users/ my name/my documents, the contains My Documents is not available.

When the properties of the My Documents folder (the desktop icon) are displayed and a group policy has not been established to redirect the folder, you can change the path to the My Documents folder and you can move the contents from the old location to the new location:

1. Right-click My Documents (on the desktop), and then click Properties.

2. In the Target box, type the new path to the My Documents folder, or click Move to browse to the folder and if needed, create a new My Documents folder. If the path you type does not exist, you are prompted to confirm creating a new folder.

3. Click Yes to move files from the old My Documents location to the new location, or click No if you do not want to move these files. Note that clicking No does not delete the files in the old location, but means they are no longer visible from My Documents after the change.

See this below link for more help : Configuration of the My Documents Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840309
    My Documents Folder Does Not Open When You Double-click the My Documents Icon

"The network folder, //my name/users/ my name/my documents, the contains My Documents is not available. "

This tells us that the My Docs folder IS redirected so Its either in a policy that you have not yet spotted or it was manually redirected in that profile previously. Log in as the user and undirect the folder manually to check.

hi,
    Right-click on the My Documents icon on the desktop. Select Properties. See what the path is, and make sure that folder actually exists.